I love this recipe as it’s a great treat for training and puts you in control of how much to give. One treat can last a short walk or trip into the store if you need the dog’s attention. You can also just give them a whole twist as a snack. Personally, I love being able to break small pieces at a time off and give while training. No mess, no fuss!
As with most of my recipes you have flexibility in what to put in these treats. I used Parmesan cheese but you can certainly change it up to a number of dog friendly cheeses. These also include Flax Seeds which are an amazing supplement for you dog. You can’t go wrong with these treats!
- 2 cups of Organic Spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of Organic Oat bran
- 1/2 cup Flax Seeds
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Organic Brown Egg
- 2 tablespoons Organic Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Mix egg, sunflower oil, water and cheese until well blended.
4. Add in Flax seeds and Oat Bran.
5. Mix in Spelt Flour slowly until well blended.
6. Roll out dough on a well floured counter.
7. Using a pizza cutter, cut these into a length and width you want. I would go about 4-5 inches long and about 1/2 and inch in width. Keep in mind that cooking times will vary depending on depth, and width.
8. Once you’ve got these cut into the correct width and length, twist these and place on cookie sheets.
9. Bake 20 minutes. Remember to check earlier so they don’t burn. It’s also a good idea to flip these 1/2 way through baking to they have an even bake on both side.
You can see the ultra nutritional Flax Seeds in this dough!
Pizza cutter works best to cut this dough.
You can make these as tight or as loose in the twisting
Turn for even baking. Otherwise you'll end up with flat twists.
A great treat to break apart or give as a wholesome snack!