After the liver treats your dog is most certainly going to need something to get rid of that smell. Blizzard and I have just the thing for you! Minty Fresh Breath treats are sure to help out. Comprised of parsley, mint and peppermint not only will it help your dog’s breath but peppermint also aids in digestion. It’s win-win.
- 1 c. oat flour
- 1 c. brown rice flour
- 3 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c. dried mint
- 1/4 c. dried peppermint
- 1/2 c. dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. water
Remember all of the above ingredients can be bought as organic and that’s what we use! It really does make a difference.
Also, for this recipe you can use a 1/2 c. dried mint or a 1/2 c. peppermint but I highly recommend that if you go with something different you should go with more mint and less peppermint. I can’t find prepackaged dried mint so I purchase fresh organic and lay it out to dry.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix together egg, water and applesauce.
3. Add mint, peppermint and parsley. Mix until well blended.
4. Add flours slowly and mix until well blended.
5. Roll out dough on flour surface.
6. Cut into shapes or simply roll into balls and put on cookie sheet with parchment paper. Note: if you decide to roll into balls you can skip step 5.
7. Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes until crispy but not brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
9. Can be stored in airtight container outside of fridge but for longevity I suggest storing in the fridge.
This dough is packed with herbal goodness!
Heart shaped because who doesn't love fresh breath?
Ready for the oven! ❤
Cooked and ready to eat!
Filed under Barkery, Recipes